Software Developer | Level E | .NET CORE | AZURE | ANGULAR | £45,000
Our IT Practice Area is a key part of our success and our clients include many large household name companies.
We are seeking software developers with a passion for programming to join our fantastic and exciting software development teams as we invest heavily in data-driven consultancy and digital pensions.
This is a full-time, permanent position and can be worked under our Smart-Working framework. This means sharing your time between your office base (Cheltenham) and home - getting the best of both worlds.
The role covers all aspects of software development such as analysis, coding, testing, deployment, support and documentation.
You will need the skills to:
• Refactor legacy code, separating behaviour from implementation to enable the gradual introduction of automated unit tests
• Develop new functionality and areas of the system using current technologies
• Continuously improve your knowledge of software, tools and development practices
Our solutions are built primarily on the Microsoft stack:
• Languages: C#; TypeScript
• Frameworks: .Net Framework and .NET Core; ASP.NET; Entity Framework; Angular
• Principles: Automated testing, build and deployment; cloud and on-prem; SOLID
You will need to be familiar with the existing code base, develop an understanding of the business context in which the software is used and identify limitations and areas for improvement. You will also be required to plan, attend and contribute to team meetings and mentor junior team members.
As a minimum, you will have 5 years’ experience of commercial software development along with GCSE Grade C (4/5) or equivalent in Maths and English. A degree in a technical subject (Maths, Physics, Engineering, Computer Science or similar) is highly desirable. A willingness to gain the PMI Award in Pension Essentials qualification would be beneficial.
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
We are a Disability Confident Employer. If you have a disability, learning difficulty, medical condition, or individual need, which you believe may affect your performance during our selection process, we’ll be happy to make adjustments to our processes to enable you a fair opportunity to showcase your skills. Please visit AbilityNet should you benefit from advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability. Should you require information in a different format, have other accessibility or reasonable adjustment requirements or if you find any problems not listed on this page, please contact email@example.com or call us on 0333 11 11 222.
Postal applications should be sent to: Resourcing & Talent Acquisition, Barnett Waddingham, St James's House, St James Square, Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL50 3PR
Not quite the right opportunity for you this time?
Follow Barnett Waddingham on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/barnett-waddingham-llp in order to receive updates and posts about future opportunities, webinars and industry event invites, industry news and insights, exposure to new connections, and information on BW services and new content.